If you use Facebook, you might have wondered how to secure your messages and prevent hackers from getting a hold of your account. Not to worry, you can add an extra layer of protection to your Facebook account with its two-factor authentication integration.
Setting up Facebook’s two-factor authentication is pretty easy and here’s how to do it:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Click on Settings.
- Select the Security and Login sub-menu.
- Click on Use two-factor Authentication.
- Select or input the phone number you want to use for the verification process. Facebook will then send a test code to your phone to approve the service.
- Enter the code to finish setting up the two-factor authentication.
- Enter your Facebook password to continue.
- A confirmation message appears on your screen.
Additionally, you can add a backup method like the Google Authenticator app. This gives you a QR code you can scan with the Google Authenticator from there, you can generate random approval codes whether that device is connected to the internet or not.